Please update your browser to visualise this site correctly. Update your browser now
You can carry small dogs and cats in Economy Class and Business Class in a suitable carrier (waterproof, bite-proof) up to a maximum size of 55x40x23 cm. Your pet must be able to stand up and lie down comfortably.
Total weight of pet + travel bag or pet carrier must not exceed 8 kg (18 lb).
The pet carrier must be placed under the seat in front of you. Pets must remain in the pet carrier or travel bag at all times.
Only one pet carrier is allowed per passenger.
Reservations must be made by phone at least 48 hours in advance.
Please note: only a limited number of pet carriers can be accommodated in the cabin (max 3 each flight).
The passenger is responsible for all documentation required for pet transport.
Charge per flight:
- Domestic flights (within Italy or within Germany): EUR 35
- Flights within Europe (e.g.: Verona-Munich): EUR 50
Your pet can travel with you when you fly with Air Dolomiti.
In the cargo hold we can carry:
Always let the Airline know if you wish to bring your pet at least 48 hours in advance. The pet transport service must be included in your airline reservation and, if other airlines are on your itinerary, make sure they will accept your pet by checking in advance.
ATTENTION: all flights transiting at Munich Airport do not accept pets in the hold (restriction not applied on passenger travelling to/ from the United States accompanied by “Emotional Dogs”)
Your pet will travel in the aircraft hold, in a ventilated area, in a pet carrier that complies with current IATA regulations. In addition to the type of pet, Air Dolomiti needs to know the three measurements of the pet carrier in centimetres and the total weight, including the pet, in kilos. The pet carrier must not exceed the following: L 100 x W 65 x H 70 cm.
• The size of the carrier must allow your pet to stand upright, turn around and lie down comfortably.
• Make sure the pet carrier is leak-proof and lined with absorbent material such as newspapers, cardboard or blankets.
• The pet carrier must be escape-proof. We recommend sturdy plastic or wooden containers made of non-harmful and non-toxic materials. Wire-mesh cages are not permitted.
• To prevent harm to your pet, the interior of the pet carrier must have no sharp corners, edges or nails.
• If the pet carrier has wheels, they must be removed.
• Food and water bowls (empty) must be fixed inside the carrier or to it. They must be made of non-harmful, non-toxic materials.
• Pet carriers must have ventilation holes on all four sides.
• The leash should not be placed inside the pet carrier, but tied to or fastened on top of it. The leash may also be kept in your hand luggage.
If you intend to fly with your pet, please inform the Airline well in advance, because the number of animals allowed in the hold is limited (max 2 each flight).
The passenger is responsible for providing all documentation necessary for pet transport.
Dog breeds classified as potentially aggressive can only be carried in special dog carriers. Puppies between 3 and 6 months of age are excluded.
The following breeds and crossbreeds are classified as potentially aggressive:
• American Pit Bull Terrier
• American Staffordshire Terrier
• Staffordshire Bullterrier
• Bullterrier (Miniature Bullterriers are not considered aggressive)
• American Bulldog
• Dogo Argentino (Argentine Mastiff)
• Karabash (Kangal Dog, Anatolian Shepherd)
• Caucasian Shepherd
Snub or pug-nosed dog breeds are particularly sensitive to temperature and stress. For this reason, we recommend you do not fly with them if the temperature at the departure, stopover or destination airport is particularly high.
Breeds at risk include:
• Boston Terrier
• Bulldog (all breeds except the American Bulldog)
• Chow Chow
• Brussels Griffon
• Japanese Chin
• English Toy Spaniel (King Charles Spaniel)
• Shi Tzu
Charge per flight:
For pet carriers up to: 60X45X40 cm
- Domestic flights (within Italy or within Germany): EUR 70
- Flights within Europe (e.g.: Verona-Munich): EUR 100
For pet carriers up to: 80X55X55 cm or 100X65X70 cm
- Domestic flights (within Italy or within Germany): EUR 150
- Flights within Europe (e.g.: Verona-Munich): EUR 200