Taking your first flight is certainly exciting, but can also become a source of stress for those who are unfamiliar with the rules, procedures and customs of flying. To prepare yourself for your first flight, it is therefore important to get information on everything you need to do before and during your journey. Here is a useful pre-departure checklist:
- Before departing, it is important to check the airline's website for its hand luggage rules: weight, sizes and types of objects you can take on board. For example, as regards liquids, you are advised to carry these in your hand luggage, only in transparent, resealable, plastic containers, not exceeding 100 ml. In our hand luggage section, you will find information regarding the hand luggage permitted on our flights; if you have connection flights, we advise that you also check the websites of other airlines.
- Arriving at the airport in advance (at least 2 hours before your flight) will enable you to check in and board your flight calmly, without anxiety and without unexpected last-minute issues.
- Check-in online
, if possible. If travelling with hand luggage alone, you can check-in online and print or download your boarding pass which you must take with you directly to security checks. This will enable you to save precious time once at the airport and to go to the gate calmly. For more information on the availability of this service for Air Dolomiti flights, in view of the measures in force, see the section "Online check-in instructions".
Once you have taken note, you can access the online check-in service via the Lufthansa App or directly from the Lufthansa website .
- Set your mobile to flight mode
, as well as other devices connected to the internet that you are taking on board. Cabin crew will remind you of this step before take-off. With flight mode set, you can still take photos of your unforgettable journey and you can also enjoy the in-flight entertainment system
- If you suffer from motion sickness… you will only find out about it during your first flight! To prevent sickness from ruining your first flight on a plane, we advise you to take natural remedies, such as, for example, ginger tablets or gum to chew. Ginger is believed to have an anti-nausea action. Otherwise, ask your doctor to prescribe you antihistamines with a sedative effect.
- Enjoy the view
! By choosing a seat
near the window, you will see breath-taking landscapes and you can take photos of the exquisite white clouds you will be flying above.
- Try to take a nap! Sleeping on the plan will make time pass faster and you will arrive at your destination calm and rested.
- Lastly, especially during take-off and landing, the change in pressure inside the cabin may cause discomfort in your ears. To prevent this discomfort, you are advised to stay awake during these manoeuvres and to chew gum or wear ear plugs.
Further information that you may find useful for your first flight is available in our FAQ