Arena Opera Festival:
fly to Verona with Air Dolomiti
The partnership that brings together Air Dolomiti and Fondazione Arena di Verona is now consolidated over time and is the result of a shared and profound love for Italian music and culture.
Fondazione Arena has frequently accompanied Air Dolomiti in its most important moments such as the 25th anniversary celebration in 2016 and then the participation, in 2021, of the soprano Gilda Fiume in the evening organized at the Giusti Garden on the occasion of the Company’s 30th anniversary.
In 2021, despite the health crisis, Arena offered a show that symbolised the rebirth of the entire city. The direction proposed the use of innovative video projections, with over 400 m2 of LED walls, integrating new technologies with the tradition of historical installations: an aesthetic revolution that has protected artists and technicians, whilst still allowing for the grandeur of the show that has always been the public search in the Arena.
The 99th edition of the most popular Opera Festival in the world will start from 17 June, with the restoration of the traditional historical staging which, for almost a hundred years, has attracted audiences from all over the world: over 13,000 spectators to attend unique shows, enriched by the major artists of the international scene, assisted by orchestra, choir, dance and technicians. It will be a Festival with a broader and more cosmopolitan spirit than ever, an ideal prelude to the milestone represented by the next edition, the 100th edition, in 2023: 44 evenings dedicated to the eternal operas of Bizet, Puccini and Verdi.
Below is the calendar of the scheduled works:
- Carmen by Georges Bizet, directed by Franco Zeffirelli (17/24/30 June – 14/21/31 July- 11/14/27 August)
- Aida by Giuseppe Verdi, directed by Franco Zeffirelli (18/23 June - 03/08/16/24/28 July – 05/21/28 August – 04 September)
- Nabucco by Giuseppe Verdi, directed by Arnaud Bernard (25 June - 01/07/10/23/29 July - 18 August 03 September)
- La Traviata by Giuseppe Verdi, directed by Franco Zeffirelli (02/09/15/22/30 July - 06/20 August - 01 September)
- Turandot by Giacomo Puccini, directed by Franco Zeffirelli (04/07/10/13/19/26 August - 02 September)
- 20 July, Roberto Bolle and Friends
- 12 August Carmina Burana (homage to Ezio Bosso)
- 25 August, Domingo in VerdiOpera Night, Plácido Domingo
The Festival Programme is available on the Foundation's website and we invite you to consult it to find out all the details.
Just choose your favourite show and book your tickets for the Arena di Verona Opera Festival 2022 on the official website: www.arena.it
Photo courtesy of Fondazione Arena di Verona