Until the end of the 36th week of pregnancy or up to 4 weeks before the due date, pregnant women with complication-free pregnancies can fly Air Dolomiti without a medical certificate.
From the 28th week of pregnancy, however, we recommend bringing a recent medical certificate containing:
• confirmation that the pregnancy is complication-free
• the expected due date
• the doctor must expressly state the patient’s pregnancy does not prevent her flying
In the event of twins or multiple pregnancies it is possible to fly until the end of the 28th week.
Unaccompanied children need very special support.
** Updated information **
We can accept bookings for unaccompanied minors only our direct direct flights (e.g. Frankfurt-Verona).
An assistance service is unfortunately not available for connecting flights (e.g. London-Frankfurt-Verona).
Children between the ages of 5 and 11 can only fly unaccompanied if they use our assistance service or if they are travelling with a third party who is at least 12 years old. For children of Italian nationality departing from Italian airports, assistance is mandatory for an additional 2 years.
The assistance service for unaccompanied minors (UMNR) must therefore be requested for minors between the ages of 5 and 11 (5-14 if of Italian nationality).
For all minors between the ages of 12 (14 for Italian minors) and 17, the assistance service is not mandatory, but optional. For further details, please contact the Sales Centre.
IMPORTANT: Italian minors under the age of 14 departing from Italian airports who are not travelling with their parents must be in possession of a "dichiarazione di affido - declaration of custody" (to the airline or to another person):
- The airline can be indicated as the guardian and in this case the unaccompanied minor service must always be booked/requested.
- If the custody is granted to a third party, the assistance service does not need to be activated.
The parental declaration of custody must be requested from the police headquarters (it is not available from the airport police offices) or, if the minor lives outside Italy, the document can be issued by the Italian embassy or consulate. The child must always have it with him/her, together with the identification documents (identity card or passport).
BOOKING THE UNACCOMPANIED MINOR SERVICE:
Tickets for unaccompanied minors cannot be booked online, but only through the Service Centre or at a travel agency. For more information, please contact the Service Centre.
To apply for UMNR service, please fill in the UMNR form here at least within 24 hours before departure; the form contains the relevant information for the child's journey.
Once you have received the confirmation email from the Sales Centre, please print it in triplicate (one for the parent, one to put in the minor's document holder and one for the company) and take them with you to the airport.
If the travel itinerary includes onward flights operated by other Airlines, than Air Dolomiti, please consult the policy foreseen by the airline concerned for unaccompanied minors.
Once on board, unaccompanied minors will be seated in an area where the crew's instructions are visible and audible during all phases of the flight.
COST OF THE SERVICE:
The unaccompanied minor assistance service (UMNR) has an additional cost with respect to the flight, which is charged per route and for the assistance of each child (even in the case of siblings travelling together):
- Flights within Italy and Europe € 85.00
The outward and return flights are to be considered as two separate flights.
LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE FOR UNACCOMPANIED MINORS:
The hand luggage of a child can have the same dimensions as that of adults. The child just needs to be able to carry it himself/herself.
All documents required for the journey are stored in the document holder:
- valid passport/identity document
- full filled UMNR assistance form
- receipt for payment of the assistance fee, if any
- declaration of consent of the person exercising parental authority that their child is travelling unaccompanied
- certificate confirming any allergies (recommended, not mandatory)
In accordance with the current ENAC regulations, the seat assignment of minors (2 - 12 years old) and of passengers with disabilities (PWD) next to their parents and/or accompanying persons, is not subject to any additional charge with respect to the cost of the airline ticket.
Please contact our Call Centre for seat assignment and/or further information: Call +39 0452886140
Infants under two years of age can travel on the lap of an accompanying adult, but can also travel on a separate seat. In this case, the child must be secured by a child restraint system that the adult must bring on board with them, which is his property and therefore also his responsibility.
By taking your own child restraint system on board you confirm that you are aware of the following airline’s general rules:
- the child restraint system is an approved product, otherwise there is no guarantee that you will be able to use it on board
- the child restraint system is in perfect working order you are familiar with the manufacturer’s instructions for the system’s use and fitting in an aircraft and you can attach the child restraint system to the passenger seat on your own (our flight attendants will not be able to help you)
- you have agreed that the child restraint system must be checked in as hold baggage if it cannot be fitted properly to the passenger seat. In this case, the baby (under 2 years) must sit on an adult’s lap throughout the flight despite the purchased seat
- you are aware that the child restraint system must not impede other passengers in the event of a possible emergency evacuation: therefore seating at the exit rows or one row in front or behind the exit row is not permitted; moreover we recommend that you choose a window seat for the child using the child restraint system.
Subscribe our newsletter