Did you know that Messe Frankfurt, the Frankfurt trade fair area, is the largest in Germany and the third largest in the world? With over 500,000 square metres, ten exhibition halls and a Conference Centre, the Frankfurt fair hosts 36,908 exhibitors and more than 2.1 million visitors every year for major exhibitions in the industry and services sector, but also in the fields of art and culture. Some of the most important events in the world take place here, such as the book fair and the Achema chemistry fair. On these occasions, the capital of German and European finance gains even more focus on an international level, strengthening its pre-eminence with the headquarters of the European Central Bank, the third largest stock market in the world and a leader in the chemical industry.
The Frankfurt Book Fair and other exhibitions
The Frankfurt Trade Fair Authority organises over 110 trade fairs every year. One of the most famous events at Messe Frankfurt is the Buchmesse, the Frankfurt book fair. Each edition hosts up to seven thousand exhibitors from a hundred different countries, gives prestigious literary awards and also includes events that are dedicated to lovers of art, design and photography. But this is not the only internationally renowned exhibition: discover the others!
- Heimtextil: the annual textile fair for interior design, with the latest news regarding household and pet linens, interior decoration and digital printing.
- Ambiente: the trade fair of consumer goods for the table, interior design and gift ideas is marked by a growing success. The last edition attracted 136,000 industry professionals from 166 different countries.
- Prolight + Sound: this is a trade fair dedicated to the latest innovations in sound and light effects that is held at Messe Frankfurt. In the past, this fair was held in conjunction with Musikmesse, Europe's largest music fair. A must for music industry professionals!
- Light + Building: this is the leading event for intelligent construction, it is a biennial event dedicated to lighting, electrical engineering and automation.
- ISH: the biennial event for bathroom furnishings, air conditioning, energy saving and building automation.
- Automechanika: the best services, equipment, accessories and spare parts for the automotive industry are presented every two years.
FRANKFURT TRADE FAIR DISTRICT
Frankfurt's trade fair district is the business heart of the city. It has a completely multicultural, dynamic and modern atmosphere. During international events, the area, and more generally the entire city, come alive with cultural shows and themed events that attract artists and prominent personalities from all over the world. Messe Frankfurt is well connected to the Frankfurt Airport via taxis and public transport. In particular, you can take the U4 metro from the airport to the Festhalle/Messe stop or the S-Bahn (the suburban railway line) to "Hauptbanhof" (Central Station). From here, simply walk 10 minutes, take trams 16 or 17, or continue by the S-Bahn, lines S3, S4, S5, or S6 and get off at the "Messe" stop.
Check out the trade fair calendar for Messe Frankfurt and take advantage of international events when visiting for business or leisure. Check out the flights to Frankfurt and begin to discover Germany’s business capital with Air Dolomiti.