Please update your browser to visualise this site correctly. Update your browser now
For women with uncomplicated pregnancies flying is problem free. Nevertheless we recommend that pregnant women talk to their doctor in advance about their forthcoming flight.
Expectant mothers with complication-free pregnancies can fly with Air Dolomiti until the end of the 36th week of pregnancy or up to four weeks before their expected due date without a medical certificate from a gynaecologist. However, we recommend that expectant mothers beyond the 28th week of their pregnancies carry a current letter from a gynaecologist which includes the following:
o confirmation that the pregnancy is progressing without complications
o the expected due date
o the doctor should expressly state that the patient’s pregnancy does not prevent her from flying.
In the case of an uncomplicated pregnancy with twins or a multiple pregnancy, it is possible to fly until the end of the 28th week of pregnancy.
Contact Air Dolomiti Sales Center if you want to:
• Arrange assistance at the airport during boarding, disembarking and/or transfer
• Bring your own (manual or electric) wheelchair and/or use a cabin wheelchair
• Bring special medical equipment
• Bring your assistance dog into the cabin
• You need to request special assistance (and book your flight) at least 48 hours before departure.
• You must check in at the airport at least half an hour before the recommended check-in time
Small cats or dogs may be taken into the Economy and Business Classes:
• In a leak and bite proof IATA-approved pet travel bag with max. dimensions 55x40x23 cm. Your pet must be able to stand up and lie down comfortably.
• Total weight of pet + travel bag or kennel: max 8 kg (18 lbs).
• The kennel must be placed under the seat in front of you. Pets must stay in their travel bags or kennels at all times.
Reservations must be made by telephone at least 48 hours in advance. Please note that we can only accommodate a limited number of kennels in the cabin.
Charge per flight: €50
Your cat or dog may travel in a temperature-controlled, pressurized hold:
• In a kennel that complies with IATA rules and does not exceed the following measures: 100X65X70 cm.
• The transport container must be large enough for the animal to stand in its natural position, to turn around and to lie down.
• The transport container must be designed to be leak-proof, e.g. lined with absorbent material such as newspapers, cardboard or blankets.
• The container must be escape proof. We recommend sturdy plastic or wood containers made from harmless and non-toxic material. Wire-mesh cages are not allowed.
• To prevent the animal from injuring itself, the interior of the container must not have any sharp corners, edges or nails.
• If the container has castors, these must be removed.
• Food and water bowls (empty) must be attached to the inside or the outside of the container. The material must be harmless and non-toxic.
• Transport containers must have ventilation holes on at least three sides .
• The animal’s lead, harness or tether must be tied or affixed to the top of the container. You can also carry it in your hand luggage. This ensures that there is no risk of your animal strangling itself in the container.
Breeds which are classified as fighting dogs may only be transported in special containers/crates. This does not apply to puppies between 3 and 6 months old. The following breeds and crossbreeds are classified as fighting dogs:
• American Pit Bull Terrier
• American Staffordshire Terrier
• Staffordshire Bull Terrier
• Bull Terrier (Miniature Bull Terriers are not considered fighting dogs)
• American Bulldog
• Caucasian Ovcharka (Caucasian Shepherd Dog)
• Dogo Argentino
• Karabash (Kangal Dog) (Anatolian Shepherd Dog)
Dogs which belong to the pug-nosed breeds are especially sensitive to temperature and stress. We therefore recommend that you do not transport your dog if the temperature at your departure, transfer or destination airport is very high. The at-risk breeds include:
• Boston Terrier
• Bull Dog (all breeds except the American Bulldog)
• Chow Chow
• Brussels Griffon
• Japanese Chin
• English Toy Spaniel
• Shih Tzu
This recommendation also applies to crossbreeds.
Always make the reservation for your pet’s transportation by telephone at least 48 hours in advance.
Charge per flight : €100 for kennels up to80x55x55cm
€200 for kennels up 100x65x70cm
You have the option of taking a guide dog or other assistance dog with you free of charge.
We recommend that you use a dog harness and muzzle. However, the number of animals allowed in the cabin is limited, so please let us know in good time if you wish to travel with a guide dog or assistance dog.
Please also note that in some countries special regulations apply to the entry of animals and we recommend that you find out about the rules in advance.
On July 26th 2008 the EC Regulation No. 1107/2006 concerning the rights of disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility when travelling by air has become effective.
The purpose of the regulation is to assure
"[...] the protection of and provision of assistance to disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility travelling by air, both to protect them against discrimination and to ensure that they receive assistance." (art. 1).
Download the EC Regulation No. 1107/2006.
The basic concern of the regulation is to guarantee to disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility the equal participation in air transport.
The prescriptions established by the regulation include the whole set of services required for all the activities concerning departure from, transit through and arrival at the airport.
To take advantage of the services of assistance it will be necessary to make a notification of the need for assistance to the air carrier or it's agent or the tour operator concerned at least 48 hours before the published time of departure of the flight.
Airports offer a wide range of assistance services to disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility. You will find useful information on the official website of the interested airport.
Yes, in Italy airline tickets are held to be the equivalent of a receipt and as such fully comply with requirement to issue documentation recording payment received for services. This point was clarified in the Italian Revenue Agency’s Act No.349/E issued 28/11/2007.
Children aged between 5 and 11 years may only fly unaccompanied if they are using our special service or if they are travelling with someone who is at least 12 years old. Reserving the service is mandatory for all children aged 5 up to 11 years old. You can also (optionally) reserve the Unaccompanied Minor service if your child is between 12 and 17 years old and travelling on his own.
To book this service you must provide the contact details of the person who will bring the child to the airport on departure, as well as the person who will meet the child at the airport on arrival (Full name, address, phone number and kinship degree).
Children with an Italian passport under 14 years of age, must hold a completed ‘Dichiarazione di Affido’ when travelling out of Italy. This must be obtained from a local police office as it is not available at the airport.
This form must be carried with your child’s passport. Travel will be denied if the form is not completed.
If you do not live in Italy the authorization can be issued by the Italian Embassy or Consulate.
|Domestic flights (within Italy)||€ 40,00|
|For European sectors (within Europa)||€ 60,00|
|For Intercontinental sectors||€ 100,00|
Transportation of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphones is prohibited on all Air Dolomiti aircrafts for safety reasons. They are not allowed in either checked luggage or carry-on bags, even if switched off.
If you own one of these devices, please leave it home. Thank you!
Name changes are not allowed.
In case of wrong typing, the amendment in the name/surname of the passenger is possible up to a maximum of 3 letters.
Please note that the above mentioned amendment is not allowed in case the change involves a different gender of the passenger (male/female)
wrong ROSSI/MARIO MR -> right ROSSI/MARIA MRS -> NOT ALLOWED
wrong ROSSI/MARIO MR -> right ROSSI/MARINO -> ALLOWED
Passengers are kindly requested to notify any misspelling and possible adjustments calling our Sales Center office at the number +390452886140 within 2 working days before departure.