For women with uncomplicated pregnancies flying is problem free. Nevertheless we recommend that pregnant women talk to their doctor in advance about their forthcoming flight.
• Expectant mothers with complication-free pregnancies can fly with Lufthansa until the end of the 36th week of pregnancy or up to four weeks before their expected due date without a medical certificate from a gynecologist. However, we recommend that expectant mothers beyond the 28th week of their pregnancies carry a current letter from a gynecologist which includes the following:
o confirmation that the pregnancy is progressing without complications
o the expected due date
o the doctor should expressly state that the patient’s pregnancy does not prevent her from flying.
• In the case of an uncomplicated pregnancy with twins or a multiple pregnancy, it is possible to fly until the end of the 28th week of pregnancy
Contact Air Dolomiti Sales Center if you want to:
• Arrange assistance at the airport during boarding, disembarking and/or transferring
• Bring your own (manual or electric) wheelchair and/or use a cabin wheelchair
• Bring special medical equipment
• Bring your service animal into the cabin
• You need to request special assistance (and book your flight) at least 48 hours before departure.
• You must check in at the airport at least half an hour before the recommended check-in time
A small cat or dog can be taken into the Economy Class and in Business Class:
• In a suitable pet travel bag (watertight, bite proof).) with max. dimensions 55x40x23 cm, or in a hard kennel with max. dimensions 48x32x29cm. Your pet must be able to stand up and lay down comfortably.
• Total weight of pet + travel bag or kennel may be max. 8 kg (18 lbs).
• The kennel must be put under the seat in front of you. It is not allowed to take your pet out of the travel bag or kennel.
Always make a reservation by telephone at least 48 hours in advance. Please note that we have room for a limited number of kennels in the cabin.
Charge per flight: 50,00€
Your cat or dog may travel as check-in baggage in a ventilated part of the aircraft:
• In a kennel that complies with IATA rules and does not exceed the following measures: 100X65X70 cm.
• The transport container must be large enough for the animal to stand in its natural position, to turn around and to lie down.
• The transport container must be designed to be leak-proof, e.g. lined with absorbent material such as newspapers, cardboard or blankets.
• The container must be escape proof. We recommend sturdy plastic or wood containers made from harmless and non-toxic material. Wire-mesh cages are not allowed.
• To prevent the animal from injuring itself, the interior of the container must not have any sharp corners, edges or nails.
• If the container has castors, these must be removed.
• Food and water bowls (empty) must be attached to the inside or the outside of the container. The material must be harmless and non-toxic.
• Transport containers must have ventilation holes on at least three sides .
• The animal’s lead, harness or tether does not belong i n the trans port container ¬¬ – it must be tied or affixed to the top of the container. You can also carry it in your hand luggage. This ensures that there is no risk of your animal strangling itself in the container.
Breeds which are classified as fighting dogs may only be transported in special containers/crates. This does not apply to puppies between 3 and 6 months old. The following breeds and crossbreeds are classified as fighting dogs:
• American Pit Bull Terrier
• American Staffordshire Terrier
• Staffordshire Bull Terrier
• Bull Terrier (Miniature Bull Terriers are not considered fighting dogs)
• American Bulldog
• Caucasian Ovcharka (Caucasian Shepherd Dog)
• Dogo Argentino
• Karabash (Kangal Dog) (Anatolian Shepherd Dog)
Dogs which belong to the pug-nosed breeds are especially sensitive to temperature and stress. We therefore recommend that you do not transport your dog i f the temperature at your departure, transfer or destination airport is very high. The at-risk breeds include:
• Boston Terrier
• Bull Dog (all breeds except the American Bulldog)
• Chow Chow
• Brussels Griffon
• Japanese Chin
• English Toy Spaniel
• Shih Tzu
This recommendation also applies to crossbreeds.
Always make the reservation of your pet’s transportation by telephone at least 48 hours in advance.
Charge per flight : €100.00 for kennels up to 80x55x55cm
€200.00 for kennels up 100x65x70cm
You have the option of taking a guide dog or other assistance dog with you free of charge.
We recommend that you use a dog harness and muzzle. However, the number of animals allowed in the cabin is limited, so please let us know in good time if you wish to travel with a guide dog or assistance dog.
Please also note that in some countries special regulations apply to the entry of animals and we recommend that you find out about the rules in advance.
On July 26th 2008 the EC Regulation No. 1107/2006 concerning the rights of disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility when travelling by air has become effective.
The purpose of the regulation is to assure
"[...] the protection of and provision of assistance to disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility travelling by air, both to protect them against discrimination and to ensure that they receive assistance." (art. 1).
Download the EC Regulation No. 1107/2006.
The basic concern of the regulation is to guarantee to disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility the equal participation in air transport.
The prescriptions established by the regulation include the whole set of services required for all the activities concerning departure from, transit through and arrival at the airport.
To take advantage of the services of assistance it will be necessary to make a notification of the need for assistance to the air carrier or it's agent or the tour operator concerned at least 48 hours before the published time of departure of the flight.
Airports offer a wide range of assistance services to disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility. You will find useful information on the official website of the interested airport.