Please update your browser to visualise this site correctly. Update your browser now
Small cats or dogs may be taken into the Economy and Business Classes:
• In a leak and bite proof IATA-approved pet travel bag with max. dimensions55x40x23 cm. Your pet must be able to stand up and lie down comfortably.
• Total weight of pet + travel bag or kennel: max 8 kg (18 lbs).
• The kennel must be placed under the seat in front of you. Pets must stay in their travel bags or kennels at all times.
Reservations must be made by telephone at least 48 hours in advance. Please note that we can only accommodate a limited number of kennels in the cabin.
Charge per flight: €50
Your cat or dog may travel in a temperature-controlled, pressurized hold:
• In a kennel that complies with IATA rules and does not exceed the following measures: 100X65X70 cm.
• The transport container must be large enough for the animal to stand in its natural position, to turn around and to lie down.
• The transport container must be designed to be leak-proof, e.g. lined with absorbent material such as newspapers, cardboard or blankets.
• The container must be escape proof. We recommend sturdy plastic or wood containers made from harmless and non-toxic material. Wire-mesh cages are not allowed.
• To prevent the animal from injuring itself, the interior of the container must not have any sharp corners, edges or nails.
• If the container has castors, these must be removed.
• Food and water bowls (empty) must be attached to the inside or the outside of the container. The material must be harmless and non-toxic.
• Transport containers must have ventilation holes on at least three sides .
• The animal’s lead, harness or tether must be tied or affixed to the top of the container. You can also carry it in your hand luggage. This ensures that there is no risk of your animal strangling itself in the container.
Breeds which are classified as fighting dogs may only be transported in special containers/crates. This does not apply to puppies between 3 and 6 months old. The following breeds and crossbreeds are classified as fighting dogs:
• American Pit Bull Terrier
• American Staffordshire Terrier
• Staffordshire Bull Terrier
• Bull Terrier (Miniature Bull Terriers are not considered fighting dogs)
• American Bulldog
• Caucasian Ovcharka (Caucasian Shepherd Dog)
• Dogo Argentino
• Karabash (Kangal Dog) (Anatolian Shepherd Dog)
Dogs which belong to the pug-nosed breeds are especially sensitive to temperature and stress. We therefore recommend that you do not transport your dog if the temperature at your departure, transfer or destination airport is very high. The at-risk breeds include:
• Boston Terrier
• Bull Dog (all breeds except the American Bulldog)
• Chow Chow
• Brussels Griffon
• Japanese Chin
• English Toy Spaniel
• Shih Tzu
This recommendation also applies to crossbreeds.
Always make the reservation for your pet’s transportation by telephone at least 48 hours in advance.
Charge per flight: €100 for kennels up to80x55x55cm
€200 for kennels up 100x65x70cm
You have the option of taking a guide dog or other assistance dog with you free of charge. We recommend that you use a dog harness and muzzle. However, the number of animals allowed in the cabin is limited, so please let us know in good time if you wish to travel with a guide dog or assistance dog. Please also note that in some countries special regulations apply to the entry of animals and we recommend that you find out about the rules in advance.